[mythtv-users] Myth is now recording when I exit Live TV

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Tue Jul 19 09:47:38 UTC 2016

On 19/07/16 09:12, Roger Siddons wrote:
> On 19/07/16 02:28, mythtv wrote:
>>
>> Well, as to why all the IDs are odd, it's because my auto-increment is
>> set to 2, not 1.
>
> Probably worth mentioning you're running a modified database in future.

Perhaps now would be a good time to bring up the idea _again_ of the
embedded database that doesn't allow users to meddle with the DB other
than using sanctioned methods like the services API.

Far too much time is wasted by developers and users alike trying to fix
stuff like this and also helping genuine users who aren't DB admins to setup
MySql properly which can be a pain to get right.

Paul H.