[mythtv-users] Trying to watch livetv on 0.28 is starting on an invalid channel

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 18 19:19:51 UTC 2016

On 07/18/2016 09:05 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> So I updated to 0.28-fixes (04650e0).  Most things seem to be working
> but when I try to watch LiveTV it seems like myth is trying to tune to
> an channel that is invalid for the input/source:

> Of course LiveTV fails to start at that point with no way to select a
> valid channel.  That seems like a bug in itself.  Even if the starting
> channel is invalid it would be useful to stop and ask the user which
> channel to tune rather than failing to start at all and leaving the
> repair up to (presumably) being a database edit.
>
> Ideas?

I haven't had to use this in a while, but it is useful to have around:

#!/bin/bash
#  reset-channel:  takes 2 inputs
   Tuner=$1;
   Channel=$2;

#   example
#  Tuner='5'
#  Channel='43.1';
#
rm -f tempfile
echo "update cardinput set startchan = $Channel where cardid = $Tuner;"
 > tempfile
echo "exit" >> tempfile
mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg < tempfile

rm -f tempfile
exit

Geoff