[mythtv-users] Harmony Hub and MythTV

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 02:30:29 UTC 2016

On 07/17/2016 09:46 PM, Captain Hook wrote:
> Unfortunately the Play, Pause, fast forward, rewind, skip (commflag),
> etc. do not work.  I can open the keyboard on the iOS app and push "P"
> and it pauses/plays fine.  I've deleted, repaired, reprogrammed
> activities, etc. and the functionality is the same.  As you can
> imagine, not being able to play/pause really puts a damper on my
> watching and can only be done with the iOS app (involves unlocking the
> phone, opening the app, etc.)
>
> Any thoughts on how to get these keys working in Myth?
Did you got into the frontend setup, edit keys? You can highlight a
function that you want to program, then press a key on your remote. If
the frontend detects it, you can save the setting and use that key for
the function selected.

Depending on the window manager in your MythTV frontend, the play, etc.,
buttons may be assigned to automatically interface to other
applications. If this is the case there are ways of disabling that. How
to do it depends on which window manager you are using (xfce, gnome, etc.).