[mythtv-users] Comcast SF Bay Area Raised Cablecard Fees

Captain Hook captainhookzero at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 01:37:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> On July 14, 2016 1:01:56 PM PDT, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>>

>>On July 14, 2016 12:12:05 PM PDT, Gary Buhrmaster
>><gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>change
>>>might
>>>
>>>Every so often Comcast runs various "audits" on their customer
>>>accounts and adjusts the accounts auto-magically if certain
>>>issues are discovered. Watching the bill
>>
>>Here's some info from Bob he ok'd me to forward to the list:
>>
>>FYI, I’ve attached the CVCC Comments on the pending rulemaking.  Here
>>is the FCC Docket for comments; best if you screen to see only “ex
>>parte” letters to avoid the hundreds of thousands of pro and anti
>>consumer letters that all have one of the canned pro or anti messages.
>>(I have the screen set up that way in the link above.)
>>

>>You can find the February Notice of Proposed Rulemaking here (oldest
>>item, A1).  Let me know of questions.  If anyone in your circle is
>>inclined to weigh in, I could help with some tips on how not to get
>>lost in the crowd.
>>
>>I’ve passed along your suggestion that qualified personnel of members
>>should participate in the mythtv group.
>>

> Sorry, here are the links:
>
> https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?proceedings_name=16-42&sort=date_disseminated,DESC
>

> https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/Query.do;jsessionid=HpnSXHkbq2JlGzLh1Rp5LFJcQnLCjrmYp6fFVd96tLxpsklzPnyy!26822164!-1224396809?numberFld=&numberFld2=&docket=16-42&dateFld=&docTitleDesc=

I actually used to receive a $5/month credit for my CableCard for
"customer owned equipment."  They sent me a letter one day after it
being this way for 2 years (?) and now I'm not only no longer
receiving that, but also paying the additional outlet fee.  Any time I
call and ask about it, they tell me it is correct.  Unfortunately my
family uses OnDemand like crazy or I'd ditch all of the boxes and go
CableCard only.  I recently changed to a plan that was "$109/month."
After all the ridiculous fees and nonsense, my bill was still $165.
Unfortunately they are the only game in town around here so I'm stuck.