[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Sun Jul 17 22:11:31 UTC 2016

On 07/17/2016 02:21 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
>> The command seems to work, but both mythweb and liveTV are still not
>> working.
>>
> But Mythfrontend does now?
>
> Re LiveTV: can you post a mythbackend log file from startup through to trying to watch livetv. Do recordings work (record and playback fine)?
>
> Re Mythweb: what error are you getting now? What is the contents of your mythweb.conf file?

MythFontend has been working for a while. I have been able to play recorded programs, but not watch live TV.

I don't know if recordings are working because there is not much to record in the summer here. I usually schedule recordings
with mythweb, and that is not working so I have not yet tried to add a new recording as a test. I figured I should get mythweb &
live TV fixed first.

Mythweb reports the following on every page:

    Error

Unable to connect to the master backend at 192.168.63.3:6543.
Is it running?

Strangely, it worked when I first set it up, but stopped working after the computer was re-booted. Same with live TV, worked
once, never after the system had been re-booted.

The back end is reporting these errors when I attempt liveTV:

Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent dtvmultiplex.cpp:379 (ParseTuningParams) DTVMux:
ParseTuningParams -- Unknown tuner type = 0xffffffff80000000
Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent recorders/dtvchannel.cpp:299 (SetChannelByString)
DTVChan[1](10401F3E-0): SetChannelByString(2.1): Failed to initialize multiplex options
Jul 17 10:27:48 Compromise mythbackend: mythbackend[1425]: E TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3763 (TuningFrequency) TVRec[1]: Failed to
set channel to 2.1. Reverting to kState_None

All 10 of my HDHomeRun tuners (5 boxes 2 original, and 3 version 4, two tuners each) work fine with HDHomeRun Config GUI.

I have tried deleting and re-creating the tuners in MythBackendSetup with no improvement.