[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 01:33:57 UTC 2016

On 17 July 2016 7:37:20 AM ACST, Steve Greene <sgreene59 at verizon.net> wrote:

>> mysql> SELECT user, host from user;
>> +------------------+-------------+
>> | user             | host        |
>> +------------------+-------------+
>> | mythtv           | %           |
>> | mythtv           | 192.168.1.2 |
>> | mythtv           | bilbo.home  |
>> | debian-sys-maint | localhost   |
>> | mysql.sys        | localhost   |
>> | root             | localhost   |
>> +------------------+-------------+
>>

>Shouldn't this cover all the locations?

In my opinion yes it should, but in my experience it does not. I would add a 192.168.1.% host, a 127.0.0.1 host and a localhost host for user mythtv (identical password across all mythtv users for simplicity).

As i recall host '%' didnt seem to cover anything for me. Thinking about it now i dont recall trying host '%.%.%.%' wonder if that would have worked.
--
Sent from mobile device. Please excuse brevity.