[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 16 21:30:57 UTC 2016

I thought that was what mythtv.cnf was for, which I've set to my local ip.
I just tried setting mysqld.cnf "bind-address=my_ip_address" and it hasn't
worked.

I can still manually call up mysql -umyth -p, but mysql -h192.168.1.x
-umyth -p gives me ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user
'mythtv'@'my_hostname'
(using password: YES). Incidentally, same with the root mysql account. I
can connect from my secondary backend via the ip address. It just won't
accept an login via the IP address local to the server.

Steve