[mythtv-users] MythBE1 Backend Failed

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 14:34:47 UTC 2016

On 07/13/2016 06:08 PM, Barry Martin wrote:

> barry at MythBE1:~$ systemctl restart mysql.service
> Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with
> error code. See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl -xe"
> for details.

Hi,

Do (only) these 4 commands, to get the most recent cause
of mysql failing to start:

   sudo systemctl stop mysql.service
   sudo mv /var/log/mysql/error.log /var/log/mysql/error.remove.me.later
   sudo systemctl start mysql.service
   sudo cat /var/log/mysql/error.log

Since the lines from the last command are likely to
be long (and get folded in email) copy/paste its
output to pastebin.com and put the link to the
paste here. Folks who know mysql may be able to
spot the cause.

--
Bill