[mythtv-users] FrontEnd will connect if feels like it

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:58:04 UTC 2016

Hi Geoffrey!

Thanks for the reply!  Did get the 3rd Frontend figured out, which was
what this thread was about.  Then I tried to correct a problem where one
of the 'channel sets' was configured wrong and somehow in Watch Live TV
mode to verify something managed to kill the Backend.  If I may I'm
going to switch your reply to the 'backend repair thread' with the
subject "MythBE1 Backend Failed" as it appears the two are very similar.

Thanks!  Barry

P.S.:

The problem with the station was with KQIN, transmitting on RF 34 but
Virtual 36.1, 36.2 and 36.3.  It also transmits reading for the blind
programming which shows up on some TVs (off the air) and the Mythbuntu
system as 34.99.  The problem was the Mythbuntu system has combined
34.99 with 36.1 (virtual; really RF 34.1), so "Nova" would appear as it
was available on Channels 34.99 and 36.1, and  record on 34.99 (I'd get
the blind programming audio, only).  But that's another, uh, project.