[mythtv-users] remaining disk space / delete slowly

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:04:05 UTC 2016

Hoi Daryl,

Monday, July 11, 2016, 7:28:50 PM, you wrote:

> Just for clarification, the reason for having delete slowly
> selected is so recordings are recorded over with a new recording
> (once) instead of with zeros now and a new recording later (twice).
> if this is correct I would expect Myth to count deleted recordings
> (of which I have 55) as available space, as reported on the "watch
> recordings" screen, which it is not, in my case, and although I know
> I have more available space than reported - seeing 89% full is hard not to react to.
> Is there any solution, other than a chill pill for this behaviour?

Do I understand right, that you are wondering why a new recording does
not overwrite a recording to be deleted when you also have more then
enough really free space?

First deleting does not overwrite with zeros, unless you use special
software. It only overwrites the bookkeeping, marking the space as
empty. Overwriting only happens when there is new data to be written.

Second as far as I understand slow means, when the system is not busy
with something else unless the space is immediately needed.

Third that space is marked as available, but queued at the end of the
line as it would require more effort to use.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop