[mythtv-users] Ubuntu-mate on Raspberry pi and mythtv library problems

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 10 14:01:47 UTC 2016

On 07/09/2016 10:36 PM, Bob Sully wrote:
> Peter, thanks - I had another microSD card available so installed
> Raspbian.
> Oddly, it couldn't find the HDMI audio either.

I have updated the wiki page with some details on raspbian install
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
For hdmi audio, I suggest using raspi-config to force audio to hdmi,
select the default audio device in MythTV and uncheck Dolby Digital and DTS.

> I much prefer the Ubuntu user interface and package availability, so
> will try
> to be patient and wait for fixes to come along.   I can sometimes get
> omxplayer to
> play a full video cleanly (though only wioth two-channel sound):
>
> rpi3 at ewok:~$ omxplayer -o hdmi /video/video_file.mkv
>

> Just FYI, I did an rpi-update (updated the firmware), and now even
> with the
> env LD_LIBRARY_PATH workaround, the frontend segfaults:
That LD_LIBRARY_PATH is only for ubuntu. You should not use it with
raspbian. Does it seg fault without the LD_LIBRARY_PATH on raspbian?

Peter