[mythtv-users] MythBE1 Backend Failed

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 10 11:37:22 UTC 2016

I might be heading in a different direction to the others. But I would be interested in seeing the output of (as root user):

systemctl status mysql

to see if mysql is crashed for some reason. Also (as root user):

netstat -peanut | grep 3306

To see what is listening on the mysql port. I would also be interested in seeing what hosts your mysql users have rights for, run the following command from a terminal on your backend:

mysql -uroot -p mythconverg -e "select host,user from mysql.user;"
(and type your root mysql user password in when prompted)

I have previously had issues where I had granted my mythtv user mysql rights on the localhost host but the user was trying to connect on 127.0.0.1 which in my mind are essentially equivalent however not equivalent enough for mysql (or it was vice versa I don’t quite recall).

Otherwise have you checked things like disk usage for an excessively full disk? Run the following command:

df -h