[mythtv-users] Problems with Hauppauge remote and ir-kbd-i2c

James MacKenzie mst3000 at newsguy.com
Mon Jul 4 22:37:38 UTC 2016

I used to have my remote working properly (it's connected to a PVR-250),
several years ago.  I upgraded my system and it stopped working.  For the past
few years I just gave up and have been using my keyboard to control MythTV,
but I want to get my remote working again.  I had been using lirc_i2c but of
course we have to migrate to ir-kbd-i2c, and I gave up after messing with it
for a while.

I just set up a new system, installed Fedora 24 on it.  Everything is working
fine.  I have my old hauppauge_grey rc_keytable.

I've done ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymaps/hauppauge_grey -d
/dev/input/event17

I've verified that the right keymaps are there with -r

When I go into Myth, SOME of the keys are working properly.  I've got the
left, right, up and down arrows working fine.  However, for example, the red
button is linked to KEY_D, so I can delete shows with it.  However, clicking
that does nothing.

If I run ir-keytable -t I can see that it's producing the right keypress.
Myth just isn't seeing it for some reason.

Any ideas?

----