[mythtv-users] 0.28 with 290e tuner

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jul 4 21:04:43 UTC 2016

On 02/07/16 18:06, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 02/07/16 14:28, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 13:41:53 +0100, you wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone had any issues with Myth 0.28 and the PCTV Systems nanoStick T2
>>> 290e?
>>>

> I don't recollect seeing the 'adapterhd1' label before.  Did you use
> that when you tried your scan ?

Having just tried plugging my 290e into a box with a pre-existing PCI
tuner it hit me - and may already have occurred to you.   You have more
than one tuner and their adapter numbers are not being assigned
consistently.  The archives have dealt frequently with this.

Try 'dmesg | grep adapter' to investigate or search 'udev rules'.

I think /etc/modprobe.d/dvb.conf should be able to control this too, My
main box seems stable but doesn't take any notice.