[mythtv-users] Different mythfilldatabase commands for different sources

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 23:06:58 UTC 2016

Hoi Ian,

> On Jan 31, 2016 4:49 PM, "Hika van den Hoven" <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hoi Ian,
>>
>> Sunday, January 31, 2016, 9:38:42 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> > I'm in North America and use Schedules Direct and the recommended
>> > dd-grab-all for the listings.
>>
>> > I am looking at adding Metabroadcast to the mix to grab the listings for
>> > one UK channel via HLS. The mythtv wiki page for Metabroadcast says it
>> > should be run with a refresh 0-99.
>>
>> > Is there a way to specify different mythfilldatabase commands for
> different
>> > sources? And is there a guide for mixing grabbers like this?
>>
>> > Thanks
>>
>> See mythfilldatabase --help
>> If your data is in xmltv format you use something like:
>>
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --syslog local5 --file --xmlfile ${xml_file}
> --sourceid $1
>>

> And doing cron runs for the British xmltv won't affect the automatic runs
> for Schedules Direct?

It is less invasive. If they have different data for the same channel,
the one run last will win. So either exclude those you want to fill
through xmltv from SD or make sure it runs after SD is completed.
As far as I know, but you will know better, SD does not use an xmltvid.
You will have to set them in Mythtv-Setup for the channels you want to
fill through xmltv. If SD does use them, you have a problem as they
probably will not be the same. You then must exclude them from SD.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop