[mythtv-users] LIRC/IguanaIR issues.

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 17:00:42 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 6:22 AM Eric Ladner <eric.ladner at gmail.com> wrote:

> [1]. What does 'uname -r' say?
>>

> 3.16.0-30-generic
>

>> If you are on a kernel < 3.17.4 you might want to make a fresh
>> lircd.conf using irrecord - just record two or three keys for a starter.
>> There is no point trying with kernel > 3.17.4 since irrecord suffers
>> from the kernel bug.

I used irrecord to create a new remote conf for the offending remote.  Most
settings were similar.  "one" and "zero" changed slightly, as did the "gap"
and "plead".  Flags was just RC5 (instead of RC5|CONST_LENGTH).  Also, it
generated a toggle_bit_mask instead of just a toggle bit.

Key codes were identical.  Still had the same issue so I dug some more.

Found there was a slight version difference in the lirc package.  The old
system had 0.9.0-0ubuntu1, new system had 0.9.0-0ubuntu5.  Pulled the old
packages on the new system and installed.  At that point, I only had a
minor repeating issue every once in a while.  Adding "suppress_repeats" to
the lircd.conf file fixed the issue.

So, there's something between 0.9.0-0ubuntu1 and 0.9.0-0ubuntu5 that
tickles some problem with repeats.  I'll submit a bug to the ubuntu guys
since that's where it appears the problem is originating.

Thanks for all your help!

Eric