[mythtv-users] Trouble w/ Hauppauge HD-PVR & IR transmitter

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 12:23:49 UTC 2016

On 31/01/16 11:39, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 31/01/16 03:45, Rob wrote:
>> So I've been able to get video capture to work w/ my HD-PVR, but I'm
>> unable
>> to issue any channel-change commands.  I'm not seeing any glaring error
>> messages with trying to initialize the device, but irsend can't seem to
>> find it....  /dev/lirc0 doesn't exist, but I'm getting the feeling that
>> pointing to the underlying event should resolve this glitch.
>>

> I'm assuming you have a UDEV rule which associates 'blaster' with
> /dev/input/event3?

Hm... is this perhaps  the  recent kernel issue  [1] ?

You cannot send over the event device, it's obviously just input.
Transmitting IR requires a working kernel device - using the default rc
kernel drivers this means /dev/lirc[[0-9]

Cheers!

--alec

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg96765.html