[mythtv-users] LIRC/IguanaIR issues.

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:22:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 1:04 AM Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 29/01/16 00:43, Eric Ladner wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 1:17 PM Alec Leamas <leamas.alec at gmail.com
> > <mailto:leamas.alec at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     On 28/01/16 19:45, Eric Ladner wrote:
> >      > When you look at irw output, what does the second column mean?
> >
> > All mine are showing zero.  Does that indicate that LIRC doesn't think
> > it's a repeated event?
>
> Yes. Which in turn means that decoding doesn't work; the normal
> explanation is that the lircd.conf file is wrong.
>
> However, the question is of course why things which used to work doesn't
> any more. We have this kernel bug [1] which possibly might affect things
> [1]. What does 'uname -r' say?

3.16.0-30-generic

> If you are on a kernel < 3.17.4 you might want to make a fresh
> lircd.conf using irrecord - just record two or three keys for a starter.
> There is no point trying with kernel > 3.17.4 since irrecord suffers
> from the kernel bug.

You're thinking the irrecord may turn up some different flags or other
attributes?  That's a good idea.  I can try that this afternoon.

> If you look into lircd.conf the flags attribute is something like RC5 or
> RC6, right?

Yes.   "flags = RC5|CONST_LENGTH"

All the attributes match the Hauppauge_350 remote from
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge

> Cheers!
>
> --alec

Thank you for your patience, Alec.