[mythtv-users] phantom scheduling

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 17:21:52 UTC 2016

On Jan 27, 2016 11:59 AM, "Daryl McDonald" <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings Mythizens, I use cable and FTA sources to record from, recently
I'm noticing duplicate upcoming recordings for a single recording rule, one
on FTA (preferred, four tuners) and one on cable, that has caused
conflicts, but never really records. (one event shows up in watch
recordings, and two in upcoming recordings which occupies single cable
tuner)This occurs on overlapping channels with different xmlid's. It
appeared to do the right thing when I used the used the "only one
recording" and "this channel" switches but a couple days later the phantom
and conflict returned. Has anyone ever experienced this, or know a
workaround?
> 14.04 Ubuntu desktop with Myth.27 fixes Steppes wide.
>
> Daryl

Could it be, because they have different xmlid's ( network station vs
network affiliate ie. ABC / WXYZ Detroit) and generic descriptions, that
Myth sees them as both viable events? So using coincident xmlid's would
solve?