[mythtv-users] mythweb: stream recordings from slave

mindoms mindoms at aon.at
Wed Jan 27 14:08:30 UTC 2016

Hello

first of all, I'm using:
2:0.27.5+fixes.20150803.e2a11c9-0ubuntu0mythbuntu4

I can not stream recordings on mythweb from the slave backend. Postings
from 2009 say mythweb can not do this without mounting the directories
over the network.

Right now I would rather hack mythweb than mount network filesystems.

Do you have an idea where to start?
I guess the right way would be to stream the recordings from the slave
through the mythweb host and to the client. Because redirects would not
work when the client is on the internet accessing mythweb through port
forwarding.

I see that streaming is written in perl. Music streaming seems to do the
right thing ( I did not test it as i have no mythmusic setup) but is
written in pearl.

tldr;
Is it a good idea to mimic the php music streaming behavior and use it
for streaming in perl?

Is there an equivalent for readfile("http://...) in perl?

Thanks for reading,
  stefan