[mythtv-users] LIRC/IguanaIR issues.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:05:45 UTC 2016

On 25/01/16 02:15, Eric Ladner wrote:
> I know this isn't exactly a MythTV issue, but I'm moving to a new box
> and have all the same config files from the old box (same IR hardware).
>
> Everything seems set up correctly.  IguanaIR utilities can see the
> receiver accepting codes from the remote.  LIRC starts up correctly with
> no errors.  The frontend even reports "LIRC: Successfully initialized
> '/dev/lircd' using '/home/blah/.mythtv/lircrc' config"  (exact same
> message it reported on the old box).
>
> .lirc drectory from the old box was moved over, also
>
> Is there anything inside Mythtv that needs to be enabled, checked, etc?

Actually, there are many things to be checked outside of mythTV... Are
you moving to a new box with the same OS and kernel, or have they been
updated? And, what is the lirc version?

The canonical way to check the lirc setup is using irw; there are plenty
of examples out there.

The /home/blah/.mythtv/lircrc' config is the last part of the
configuration. Simply speaking, irw tests the input to that file.

The two first parts is the  kernel configuration (which might change
depending on kernel version) and the /etc/lirc/lircd.conf file which
determines how the raw iguana data is converted to  keypresses.

Cheers!

--alec