[mythtv-users] MythCenter-Wide 0.27.5 Watch Recordings new recording

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Jan 24 18:21:41 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-01-24 at 10:46 +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 24/01/16 00:47, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >
> > On Sunday, January 24, 2016 12:13:43 AM Paul Harrison wrote:
> >

> > > I think it's a case of not being able to please everyone all of the
> > time.
> >

> > > Some people found it annoying if the list scrolled to the top all by
> >
> > > itself when a recording status changed while you was browsing for
> >
> > > recordings.
> >

> > > The list is updated with the new information it just doesn't scroll to
> >
> > > show it unless you do it yourself.
> >
> > Fair enough. What would I have to do to get that function back? Is
> > that something a theme can do? I've already made a few mods to my
> > MC-wide so I can tinker.
> >

> It's nothing to do with the theme it's all done in the code that updates
> the list of recordings when the "Watch Recordings" screen receives an
> update event telling it the status of a recording has changed.
>
> Paul H.

I think the "right" behaviour is to scroll the cursor (selected item)
down the list if the previous first item was visible (top) & then cursor
(selected item) always has to remain in view by scrolling.

The deleting items from same recorded program group redraw is very odd;
the newest item (top) is displayed below the oldest (bottom) until you
move cursor/selection.
This only happens when there are more than 1 screen of items (mythbuntu
> 13?).

Would you consider looking at patches for either of these?
     A. Thanks,