[mythtv-users] Toggle between video/show & zoneminder

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sun Jan 24 10:41:59 UTC 2016

On 24/01/16 00:27, Rob wrote:
> I've defined a global hotkey to jump into mythzoneminder so that we
> can quickly/easily monitor our baby when she's fussing.  Is there a
> way to exit mythzoneminder in such a way that we resume viewing what
> we were watching before jumping into mythzoneminder via the global
> hotkey?
>

> Thank you,
> Rob

Not that I can think of in 0.27.

In what will be 0.28 there is a new feature in MythZoneMinder that will
popup a mini player that shows a live camera view. So whenever a camera
is in an 'Alert' or 'Alarm' state ZM will show the live camera view in
the popup. You can switch cameras etc while the popup is visible. You
can set which cameras will trigger the popup notifications as well and
you can also set a jumppoint to show the mini player at any time in any
screen.

Unfortunately the video player does things differently so popups don't
work while the video player is showing. It would require integrating
into the OSD which is something that is on my TODO list.

So in current 0.28 you would have to quickly exit the video player,
press the jump point to show ZM mini player and when done press exit to
return to the "Watch Recordings" screen from there you can resume what
you was watching. Not ideal but probably a little better that what you
have now?

Once I've finished what I'm working on I'll have a look to see how easy
or hard it will be to add the popup to the OSD but not sure if that will
be before or after 0.28 is released at the moment.

Paul H.