[mythtv-users] MythCenter-Wide 0.27.5 Watch Recordings new recording

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Jan 23 18:44:49 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-22 at 15:53 -0700, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Friday, January 22, 2016 05:12:45 PM Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
> > On 01/22/2016 05:08 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> > >
> > > I just upgraded to 0.27.5 and notice a few changes in
> MythCenter-Wide.
> > > I had to tweak recordings-ui.xml to get circular lists in Watch
> > > Recordings, no problem. But, when the left column is sitting on
> "All
> > > Programs" and a new recording starts it doesn't appear at the top
> of
> > > the 2nd column until I do an Up-Down to refresh that list. I seem
> > > remember (wrongly? from 0.21 only?) that a new recording would
> appear
> > > stacked at the top of the right column. Is there a tweak I missed?
> > >

> > Are you sure it's not there? Perhaps it's just appearing above the
> > current view--so go to the right column and hit up and see if it's
> there.
>
> I thought it just used to appear because I edited something. My fault
> for not grabbing that file before updating. What is normal for that
> theme? Incoming recordings don't push down the list? Is affecting that
> behaviour even something I could tweak a theme to do?

I'm sure that in the distant past a new recording entry would refresh
the display of the list without needing to be touched.
Strange list display effects also occur when you delete the bottom item
when there are more items than fit on to 1 screen; the top item is
displayed at the bottom, the cursor moves up correctly & any input
refreshes list display.