[mythtv-users] Remote Suggestions

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 21 23:25:04 UTC 2016

On 1/21/2016 3:06 PM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 21/01/16 19:50, Kirk Bocek wrote:
<SNIP>
> You are misunderstanding.
>
> It *is* a dongle. That's it.
>
> The "piece of software that comes with it" runs under a GUI and is
> used to PROGRAM the dongle.
>
> Once programmed, the dongle presents itself to the OS as a keyboard.
> Job done.

I took a look at the FLIRC on their web site.  It looked interesting to
me, but I have a question that I could not find any information about.

The FLIRC looks to the computer like a USB keyboard.  That part I get.
Will it work if you already have a USB keyboard/mouse connected to the
same computer?  Can linux work with two USB keyboards?  Or does it just
pick one (at random?) and that's it? Obviously, one would only press
keys on one of the "keyboards" at a time.

Jay