[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 21 15:59:32 UTC 2016

On 01/21/2016 07:58 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I anyhow in the future will add a .lower() in my Python scripts to any
> hostname! ;-)

Note that MythTV doesn't do a lower(), so I don't think this is
generally safe to do--or at least it won't be until #12320 is fixed, at
which point the lower() will be unnecessary.  See

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythcontext.cpp#L493

If the scripts are just for you, it should be fine, but if you're
planning to share, you may want to compare with the results of
/Myth/GetHostNames to find the desired capitalization.

Mike