[mythtv-users] Conflict between Live TV and recordings

James Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Thu Jan 21 13:40:47 UTC 2016

I have a default setup for my tuners, which are HDHomeRun(2 tuners)  and Hauppauge HVR-2250 (2 tuners).

My mythbuntu 14.04.3 system (backend) was not recording at the time and I was watching Live TV via Kodi(pvr.mythtv) on a Mac.  At the top of the hour, Mythtv was scheduled to start recording on the same channel I was watching.  The Mac was using the 1st tuner of the HDHomeRun at the time, via mythtv.  Since there was no other recording scheduled at that same time, Mythtv would normally use HDHomeRun tuner 1 for the recording, but since the Live TV was using HDHR tuner 1, I’m not sure what was going on at the backend.

So what is supposed to happen when this situation comes up.  In my case, Kodi (15.2) crashed.  In the past on Kodi (14) it would just end the live TV.

Should I setup the backend to avoid conflicts or is it supposed to happen automatically.

Jim