[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 17:34:50 UTC 2016

Hoi Tobias,

> I have a sql snipped to set the live TV starting channel
> Am 20. Januar 2016 01:20:28 MEZ, schrieb Hika van den Hoven
> <hikavdh at gmail.com>:

>     Hoi All,

>     I already use the computer in my bedroom as a clock-radio. The server
>     turns it on at the programmed time and starts the internal analog radio
>     card.
>     At present I'm thinking of moving to a smaller less energy consuming
>     computer (I'm thinking about a Raspberry Pi) only I then will need
>     another radio source. I've several options among which is MythTV from
>     my homerun, but then I need to be able to let it start playing at a
>     preset time. Is there a possibility in MythTV to let a frontend start,
>     livetv at a set time?

> Hi,
> it should be possible with this
> plugin:https://github.com/tobser/mythteatime
> <https://github.com/tobser/mythteatime>
> You will have to add a custom script to set the starting channel for livetv
> before the LiveTV jumppoint is called.
> I think I still have the SQL command to set the start channel somewhere, if
> you are interested I can look it up. Don't know if an API call to do this
> directly exists...

> Tobi

Sounds definitely worth investigating. Am I right that the frontend
must be on for it to work? So then I possibly have to wake it the old
way through WOL first, which is less nice as it means two separate
timers. It would be nicer if it ran on the backend as that can wake
the frontend. Maybe through a system event? Or maybe if I can set the
Raspberry Pi to only go into light sleep.

And yes please if you can find that SQL sample. Although if I have
moved it to the Raspberry Pi it probably will only be used for radio
and most of the time on the same channel, so that should arrange it
self.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven