[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Tobias Sachs diespambox at gmx.net
Wed Jan 20 16:57:54 UTC 2016

I have a sql snipped to set the live TV starting channel
Am 20. Januar 2016 01:20:28 MEZ, schrieb Hika van den Hoven
<hikavdh at gmail.com>:

    Hoi All,

    I already use the computer in my bedroom as a clock-radio. The server
    turns it on at the programmed time and starts the internal analog radio
    card.
    At present I'm thinking of moving to a smaller less energy consuming
    computer (I'm thinking about a Raspberry Pi) only I then will need
    another radio source. I've several options among which is MythTV from
    my homerun, but then I need to be able to let it start playing at a
    preset time. Is there a possibility in MythTV to let a frontend start,
    livetv at a set time?

Hi,
it should be possible with this plugin:https://github.com/tobser/mythteatime
<https://github.com/tobser/mythteatime>
You will have to add a custom script to set the starting channel for livetv
before the LiveTV jumppoint is called.
I think I still have the SQL command to set the start channel somewhere, if
you are interested I can look it up. Don't know if an API call to do this
directly exists...

Tobi