[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 00:20:28 UTC 2016

Hoi All,

I already use the computer in my bedroom as a clock-radio. The server
turns it on at the programmed time and starts the internal analog radio
card.
At present I'm thinking of moving to a smaller less energy consuming
computer (I'm thinking about a Raspberry Pi) only I then will need
another radio source. I've several options among which is MythTV from
my homerun, but then I need to be able to let it start playing at a
preset time. Is there a possibility in MythTV to let a frontend start
livetv at a set time?
Alternatively I have to play from my homerun through other software,
acquire a cheap usb tuner analog or digital or maybe stream through
pulseaudio from the server.

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens