[mythtv-users] Job Queue really big

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 19 15:40:15 UTC 2016

On 01/19/2016 10:27 AM, Gerald Brandt wrote:
> I have recording in my Job Queue (as shown by Mythweb) that go back to
> April 2015. They are all Commercial Flagging jobs.
>
> 1. Any idea why they're not run, or how I can find out?
> 2. How can I clear the job queue?

Probably because running jobs of the type(s) in question is disabled on
(one or more) backend(s).  You may also have specified that jobs may
only be run on the recording host, which means that only that host will
be able to perform the job.  Since jobs stay in the queue until they're
run, any job which hasn't been run will stay in the queue.

It's also possible you could be running up against limits on maximum
number of jobs run on a host if you have one or more jobs that are
stuck--i.e. they start running and never finish.  Or, you may have a
broken window (meaning your job queue start and end times don't leave
time to run the jobs).

Check your settings in mythtv-setup's General area.

Mike