[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Jan 18 09:32:27 UTC 2016

Philip Brady wrote:

> If you want to delete or hide channels in bulk, note those deleted and
> re-apply the deletions or hiding after a rescan then you might like to
> try my channel editor. Seehttps://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Editor
> Phil

Hi Phil

looks like I'd need to upgrade to a more recent version :-)  I have been
postponing that for a while, maybe it's time.

I'd still like to know/understand what it is that is holding my
scheduler back.  Although the amount of data is causing a scheduling
run to take longer, I don't understand why the scheduler takes these
long breaks, why it can't be started by adding/deleting the recording
rules or with "--resched" - the only thing that works is to restart the
backend.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (-5.5°C)