[mythtv-users] political wossname

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jan 18 04:00:57 UTC 2016

I have a bunch of recordings that used to play on (my wife’s) iPad. Due to the fuss about AC3 they no longer have sound and I have only the ‘videos’ as source.

Can anybody cast opinion on transcoding them to use (say) AAC rather than AC3.
I see this as mythffmpeg with infile outfile and -acodec AAC.

Does the bickering over AC3 have any effect on myth?

Although the answer seems to be a simple try-and-see (for me) this area is seeped in surprise e.g. 8player on iOS CAN seek my videos. bubbleUPnP (and all android uPnP players I’ve tried) says ‘unseekable stream’.
James