[mythtv-users] Recording from STB that requests channel access pins

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Sat Jan 16 10:39:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Lots of good feedback on this thread - I really appreciate the help.
> I'll share my results if I get this running in an acceptable way.

Turns out that this requires just a few lines of code with the right tools.
The script is called from a Start recording event script I need anyway ( to fix hd-pvr recording parameters)

Monitoring script is called like this in the event script:
/usr/bin/nohup /usr/local/bin/monitor-hdpvr.sh $1 &

Settins for the start recording event:
| value              | data                                                    | hostname |
| EventCmdRecStarted | /usr/local/bin/fix-hdpvr.sh %FILE% %STARTTIME% %CARDID% | pvr-sw   |

The script monitors the given filename, grabs a screenshot every 10 seconds and compares it to a reference image. Imagemagick compare returns a result ~500 for the popup screen and ~ 12000 for normal content from movie recordings so accuracy of detection is quite good.

Again, thanks a lot for the Input I received here!

Bye, Martin
No Disclaimer.icomedias