[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Jan 14 21:56:13 UTC 2016

Karl Newman wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 12:21 PM, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
>
>> There's plenty of unnecessary channels, thousands. I could delete some,
>> but they'll come right back on the next channel scan :-(
>>
> Thousands seems like a lot more than the "hundreds" of channels that
> probably most MythTV users have.

Anyone with a satellite dish will have something on that order I suspect.
My old Nokia 9902, the predecessor recorder, had about 3500 channels since
2001.

> If you mark them as invisible instead of deleting them, does that survive
> a channel rescan? I don't know if that would help the scheduler run
> faster, but I do know that invisible channels
> are excluded from scheduling, so it's possible it could help.

I have not experimented with invisible/deleting channels, but I suspect the
next scan will obliterate any changes I do.  Editing thousands of channels
using the GUI is also not something I'd look forward to :-)

/Per