[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 21:36:44 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Per Jessen <per at computer.org> wrote:
> I could try adding a separate disk

Often not the optimal answer.  Mysql temp tables should
never hit spinning rust (yes, I know it is not rust) if you
have the available memory.  There are many references
on mysql tuning you can look at (and all are at best
suggestions, as each situation is special/unique).
You can also run mysqltuner.pl to get other hints at
where performance may be a bottleneck (but be aware
of its limitations, and sometimes just wrong suggestions).

>> I could (very easily) be wrong, but I do not think the scheduler
>> cares about recordedseek.
>
> I have no idea either, but scheduling has improved today, a lot. Gut
> feeling. Sofar, the longest was some 500seconds, yesterday a few went on for
> an hour.

Do you have a lot of playback occurring simultaneously?
If so, access to recordedseek could impact other activity.