[mythtv-users] End of recording system event being triggered twice

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 19:01:55 UTC 2016

On 01/14/2016 12:39 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
> On 13/01/16 21:17, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 01/13/2016 02:09 PM, Jan Ceuleers wrote:
>>> I have created a script that is being run as a system event by the
>>> backend whenever a recording ends. The script sends me an email that
>>> tells me which parameters it's being called with, so I can see very
>>> easily that it is being called twice for every end of a recording.
>>>
>>> Any idea why this might be the case?
>>
>> Multiple processes receiving the event?  I.e. you've configured it on
>> multiple backend hosts and haven't done any host checking in the script,
>> so when a recording starts, your master backend and some remote backend
>> both send an e-mail.  Or, even, multiple processes (different MythTV
>> programs) on the same host are running, so when the host handles it,
>> both programs execute the handler?
>
> Thanks Mike. But no: only one backend.
>
> Do you have any suggestions as to the type of logging I should enable in
> order to dig deeper?

I'd do: mythbackend --setverbose system and even mythbackend --setloglevel debug
and then repeat your test.

Look in the backend log. See how many times (expect one) your script
is executed. You'll expect to see Launching, Starting and Exited entries
for each event.

Reset the verbose and loglevel to general and info respectively.

--
Bill