[mythtv-users] Recording from STB that requests channel access pins

Anthony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:47:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:38 AM, Martin Bene <Martin.Bene at icomedias.com>
wrote:

> So far, I'm stuck at the point that I really need to look fort he pop-up
> image to determine if a pin is required.

I used to use a channel changer script that tried to analyze the screen to
know if the STB was in screen-saver mode.  It used ffmpeg to capture a few
frames of video as jpeg files, converted those jpegs to colored text with
jp2a, and then looked at those files with a Perl script to come up with a
confidence score.

It ended up not working very well... maybe the resolution of the files jp2a
created was too low, or maybe because the screensaver was constantly
shifting.  Looking at the video or jpegs directly may have worked better.

-- Tony