[mythtv-users] Is 0.28 going to support HEVC does anyone know?

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Tue Jan 12 11:38:51 UTC 2016

Anthony Giggins wrote:
> On 12 January 2016 at 05:35, Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de <mailto:bjoernv at arcor.de>> wrote:
>
>     Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
>     > The ticket should be closed as invalid (which
>     > requires one of the devs to take time away from
>     > dev'ing (yeah, that is not a word) to do so).
>     How many seconds? ;-)
>
>     I created an account for the Wiki. I hope, this list is OK?
>     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Feature_Wishlist
>
>     Greetings,
>     Björn
>

> Looks like HEVC/H.265 support was added to ffmpeg in Oct 2013, I'd assume the last ffmpeg resync into master (0.28) would be well after this date?????
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTQ4Njg
>
> Can any of the devs confirm?
If HEVC is supported in general, this does not necessarily mean, that MythTV 0.28 is capable of decoding all relevant HEVC streams. For instance it's unclear, if MythTV 0.28 will be capable of decoding DVB-T2 HD in Germany.

See http://www.tv-plattform.de/images/stories/pdf/2015_%20minimum%20requirementst2-germany-v1.pdf

4K over DVB-C2 support is unclear too AFAIK.

Is there a feature list for MythTV 0.28?

Greetings,
Björn