[mythtv-users] 0.24 PVR-350

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Tue Jan 12 08:10:51 UTC 2016

Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> Tuesday, January 12, 2016, 12:09:35 AM, you wrote:
>

>> Hika van den Hoven wrote:

>>> Which connection did you use in Input connections?
>>> Depending on how you connected it, you have to use S-Video 1 or
>>> Composite 1 NOT Tuner 1, if the cable box does the tuning!
>>>
>> Its the Tuner input I'm using as the signal from the Cable box is PAL-I
>> on UHF at 735.25 Mhz. Even if my tuning was wrong I'd expect to see snow
>> from the Tuner input but I get a black screen.
> So you connected the cable box through the coax connection?

Yes - coax RF connection. :-) Ken

Is there a way to increase the logging of Myth's interaction with the
capture cards so that I can get a clue as to what's happening? Initially
I used Myth to tune the card to 735.25 Mhz by selecting what I believe
I've configured as Ch 801 in live TV mode. In live TV mode I got a black
screen. But when I grabbed the output of the card with ffplay I got
snow. If Myth had tuned the card I would have expected it to have been
left tuned on 735.25 MHz but only when I used v4l2-ctl to do the tuning
did the cable box's video appear through ffplay. I suspect that either
Myth is not commanding the card or Myth is making the wrong settings on
the card. When I look in Live TV mode I get a black screen and the error
noted above. If Myth was reading /dev/video4 I'd at least expect to see
a snow picture even if the tuning was wrong.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.