[mythtv-users] Testing latest Mythv

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Mon Jan 11 15:32:37 UTC 2016

Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Yes, together with Stuarts solution that would be save enough. I
> normally never use default (also because of security), but I had when
> I first created my database. Maybe time to change the db-name.
Unfortunately MySQL has no function for renaming a database. You have to dump (mysqldymp) the database and create a new one.

> How about for instance QT? Can both versions work with the same set of
> libraries (QT and others) or are there where you need to have two
> versions installed?
This depends on your Linux distribution. In my distribution (openSUSE 13.2) I can install Qt 4 and Qt 5 libraries together. The configure scripts of MythTV 0.27 and 0.28 detect the right Qt libraries. Without distribution support you have to deal with different prefixes and configure switches.

Greetings,
Björn