[mythtv-users] video playback snowy in frontend under windows

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Mon Jan 11 11:58:45 UTC 2016

 have a Mythbuntu 14.04.3 backend working great. I have various
frontends, mostly running Kodi, but when I need to edit the commercial
cutlist before transcoding, I need to run MythFrontend.  This worked on
my Kodibuntu frontend because I have installed Mythfrontend on that
system.  However, I have HTPC running Windows 10 where I can play
everything recorded via Kodi, but Mythfrontend under Windows seems to
have a video quality problem.  When I start the playback of a recorded
program, it's very snowy.  Workable for moving a few cutlines, but not
ideal like it is under Linux. I've changed the Appearance settings from
Qt, to Auto, to OpenGL, DIrect3D, but the picture is always the same.

Anybody have any ideas?