[mythtv-users] VDPAU artifacts

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Sat Jan 9 22:59:26 UTC 2016

On 10/01/16 06:42, Adam Stylinski wrote:
> Am I the only one seeing this?
>
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12532
>
> This is occurring on 358.16 Nvidia drivers as well.  I found a post as old
> as 2011 referring to this issue specifically with h264 encoded videos and
> VDPAU but his resolution was to generate seektables.  I don't believe
> that's an option for videos in your mythvideos library.

I'm using x64 358.16 and I do not get this.
We watch a lot of h.264, and "rewind" a fair bit too.

What level of h.264 is it?  Some nVidia cards don't support (for example)
h.264 high-10
so for this myth drops back to ffmpeg decoding.

Do you get it with everything?
Was the video recorded?  Could it be a transmission glitch?

cheers,
-kt