[mythtv-users] Record from Cisco DTA 271HD - how to tune to channel 3?

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 9 21:56:19 UTC 2016

I have a USB IR Toy working.  Using LIRC 0.9.3a I can blast channel change signals to the cisco box.

I can't figure out how to record from it though.

I have my adapter working to record Antenna (ATSC) from /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 which is a Samsung S5H1409 QAM/8VSB Frontend.

Swap the coax input of my Samsung card to be the coax output on the cable box but I can't find the signal.  I've tried using dd and cat to dump the signal but they give me errors as root.  I've also tried using VLC to see the signal, but it does not see anything.

To use the cisco box my TV must be set to channel 3 though.  Any ideas on how to tune my card directly to channel 3 (USA)?

i.e. when the cisco is connected directly to my TV (via coax) it must be on channel 3.  I can then use the cisco remote to change cable tv channels.

When connected to the Antenna I can use w_scan and detect the local channels.  I suspect w_scan is looking at known broadcast frequencies and does not know about channel 3.

Thanks

Craig