[mythtv-users] Is 0.28 going to support HEVC does anyone know?

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Sat Jan 9 13:35:27 UTC 2016

Another Sillyname wrote:
> I've read it's tied to the latest ffmpeg version.......but could
> anyone try it pls.
>
> Currently on 0.27 fixes HEVC works for sound.....just no pics.
If MythTV 0.28 will support HEVC, the next question is: Will MythTV 0.28 support DVB-T2 HD HEVC.

Currently some TVs, receivers and other devices support DVB-T2 HD. DVB-T2 HD is not the same like DVB-T2. DVB T2 HD uses H.265 HEVC while DVB-T2 uses H.264. DVB-T2 HD is currently in testing phase in Germany. Here you find additional information:

http://www.dvb-t2hd.de/englisch

Greetings,
Björn