[mythtv-users] transcode-h264-v2-- cutlist and commercial flags

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Fri Jan 8 19:47:33 UTC 2016

I’m trying to minimize the number of steps I have to take to transcode recorded TV from MPEG2 to h.264.  Using the subject script posted on the Mythtv wiki I can do this but with a catch.

My steps that work are:
1.  auto-detect commercials after recording
2.  view recording in mythfrontend and import commercial flags.
3.  Make additional edits to add and move cuts.
4. save cut list.
5. run the transcode job that keeps the file MPEG2, but strips footage based on cut list.
6. run the transcode-h264 user job

If I don’t run step 5, the file produced by step 6 has the cuts produced by commercial flagging, but not my manual edits saved to the cut list.

Are the Commercial Flags in the database not updated when I manually adds cuts and save the cut list?

I think I have the script configured to leave the commercial flags as is.

I think my problem is not understanding what is stored in the database related to cuts and edits.

Jim A