[mythtv-users] capture and transmit HDMI

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Fri Jan 8 00:08:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016, Gerald Brandt wrote:

> This guy is capturing hdmi and sending the stream over the network using a 69
> Euro Android box, the Tronsmart Pavo M9.
>
> This would be a cool replacement for HDPVR's.
>
> https://blog.danman.eu/using-tronsmart-pavo-m9-for-hdmi-input-streaming/

I'm keeping half an eye on this sort of news since I recently began
exploring the world of media streaming boxes running Android. Let me see
if I understand in broad terms what's at stake in this blog posting and
its relevance to this list: this would provide a way of, for example,
getting HDMI output streaming from, say, a STB, in to a recordable format,
correct? I don't have a STB myself and tend to avoid viewing protected
content, so the write-up will not be too applicable to me if that's one of
the main imports. All the same I'd like to determine whether I'm
understanding correctly the issues at stake.