[mythtv-users] Looking for the subtitle code in mythfrontend

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Jan 5 22:58:43 UTC 2016

G'day,

I've a few minor things with the way mythtv handles subtitles I want to have
a look at.
    #1 existing subtitles disappearing before time - then re-appearing, when
a new subtitle is added (results in flashing subtitles)
    #2 pre-rendering subtitles before playback for slow frontends and/or
heavy karaoke-style subtitle streams

I'm having trouble finding the subtitle handling code in mythfrontend.
Is there a video player module where the video is decompressed and the
subtitles added ?

I've been recursively searching the code base for things like "subtitle",
"srt", "ass", etc.  But only finding meta-data handling.

thanks,
-kt