[mythtv-users] problems with livetv playback OS X Install

airdrummer air_drummer at verizon.net
Tue Jan 5 00:16:45 UTC 2016

Craig Treleaven wrote:

> I’m still not going to make those changes to the Applescript.
> No one wants to see two or three dialog boxes every time they launch the frontend.
> If you can make it so they appear ONLY if the user is holding down Shift or Option, I’ll consider it.

or u could simply add a debug startup script to make it easy for us common
non-l33t folx to use, one that makes the error dialog copyable instead of locked
in ur applescript dialog;-}

> The backend does NOT need to be running for the frontend to create logs*.

then why doesn't it?

> I assume that your modified Applescript had the —logpath variable screwed up
> since it works for everyone else.

what, u don't recognize the standard paths i assume your macports build scripts
generate from your @var@ constructs?

    property MFEappPath : "/opt/dvr/bin/mythfrontend"
  -- "@PREFIX@/bin/mythfrontend"
    property MFElogArg : "--logpath /opt/dvr/var/log/mythtv.27/"
  -- "--logpath @MYTHTVLOGDIR@"

i hardcoded those into the applescript i got from ur src so i could run it, so
they're hardly screwed up:-)