[mythtv-users] Remote Suggestions

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 19:36:39 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 1:08 PM, John Adams <mythtv at onevista.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Jan 2016 17:55:00 +0000
> Daniel Frey <dmfrey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM Robert Dege <livemotion at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I recently built a mythfrontend system using mythbuntu.  I'm
> > > looking to purchase a remote that will allow me to control the TV
> > > (volume, power, inputs), and mythtv.  Can anyone suggest a
> > > cost-effective remote that can work with 3rd party receivers?
> > >
> If you are looking for a good user programmable remote try the Philips
> 7 device model SRP5107 available at Walmart for about $18.  Its the
> model with the learn button in the upper left corner.  I use one for
> both my frontends, BluRay player and TV
> --
> John Adams (johna at onevista.com)

The Phillips remote has been discontinued, but does appear to provide all
of the functionality that I'm looking for.  Do you know any USB receivers
that it will work with?  I currently have the Ortek VRC-1100 (
http://amzn.com/B00224ZDFY), but that itself can be a pain to configure.  I
was thinking of this if the Ortek doesn't work out (
http://amzn.com/B00J5NRWFO).

-Robert